Why are you hiding in the corner?
To fix this, I have created a tool that will ensure the icons are kept in the centre of the taskbar. Now for a bulleted list!
- Smooth sliding transitions as icons come and go!
- No extra background processes!
- No changes to files on disk!
- No permanent changes!
Is there anything you need to know?
Yes. For a start, there are different versions for the 64bit and 32bit versions of Windows 7. I have only tested this on Windows 7 64bit because I only have one Windows licence. If you are still running a 32bit version, feel free to try the 32bit version (At your own risk of course. Might crash, might do nothing. Be prepared!).
Also, this only works for horizontal taskbars at the moment. Running this with a vertical taskbar results in some (temporary) weirdness.
Does it work with Windows 8?
No idea. Might do, see above.
So how do you use it?
Extract both files to a folder somewhere.
- Run Loader.exe and click 'Apply Patch'
- Create a shortcut to Loader.exe with --autostart (e.g. "C:\Folder\Loader.exe --autostart"). This shortcut can go in your startup folder when you are happy it works for you.
How does it work?
The C# form injects a dll into the explorer process. The dll contains code that tracks updates to the taskbar, monitors the width of the group of icons and positions it accordingly. Tada!